Beauty hacks (basically tips and tricks) can really help you out when you are in a pinch. I've learned these over the years off friends, family, youtubers, bloggers etc. They have seriously helped me out when Ive gotten into a sticky situation, beauty wise that is :)
(1) When your nail polish has reached that point of no return and its thick, gooey, clumpy and over all nasty but you dont want to throw it out? (especially limited edition colours!!) put a few drops of nail varnish remover into the bottle, close the lid and shake it! Your polish will be good as new.
(2) When you have the worlds shakiest hand but you want the perfect
winged liner? Pop some sellotape to the side of your eye running just
past your lower lashes and extending outwards (remove most of the
stickiness on the back of your hand). Now simply do your liner, it
doesn't matter if you smudge onto the tape because once you remove it,
you'll have a perfect crisp flick!
(3) I have oily hair, its a fact. There is nothing worse than waking up to get ready for work, its too late to shower, your hair is greasy and you have run out of dry shampoo. Baby powder!! It works the exact same, just make sure you brush thoroughly and your good to go. Oil free hair and it smells lovely.
(4) Sun protection for your hair can cost a fortune! My hairdresser gave me this tip to protect my highlights/ hair from sun damage but also save me money. Simply mix in a spray bottle some factor 50 suncream, conditioner and water and your good to go. Sun protection and hydrating your hair all at once, for a fraction of the price.
(5) I hate when I've created an eye look that I love and I ruin it once I apply my mascara and dots on product end up on my lid. To avoid this get a piece of card and place it behind your upper or lower lashes. Now hold it in place so when you apply your mascara the product gets all over the card and not your lids.
(6) Teeth whitening products cost a fortune. A quick, simple and cheap teeth whitening system is to add a little baking soda to your toothpaste every second day. There is no bleach, no chemicals but it gives amazing results.
(7) Do I have cool skin or warm skin? The infamous MAC NC or NW question. Here's a simple way to find out if your skin is cool toned, or warm toned. Pull up your sleeve and look at the veins in your wrist. If they are blue you are most likely cool toned and if they are greenish your most likely warm tones. If your seeing both you have a neutral skin colour!
(8) If your hair is really light or soft and you cant get
bobby pins to grip your hair securely, spray the pins with hairspray
and then apply them.
(9) To make your perfume last longer apply it to your pulse points. These parts of your body produce heat because your blood vessels are closer to the surface of your skin, so they make your perfume smell stronger for longer, kind of similar to melting candles smelling stronger than those not lit. Apply to your wrists, inner elbow, behind your knees, your cleavage and to your neck. Adding Vaseline before your fragrance will also make the scent last much longer.
(10) To make a smoother base for you lipstick and to remove all that dry skin you want to exfoliate your lips. Lip scrubs are damn expensive, but do you know whats not? Simply run your toothbrush over your lips in soft circular motions to remove any flaky skin. Another option is to mix a little sugar with some olive oil and use it to exfoliate those lips! You can also use this as a body exfoliater.
"Beauty is how you feel about yourself, not what you see in the mirror"