- I feel that I have quite a minimal morning routine. I prefer to shower at night and I'm not a big fan of washing my face in the morning. So I use the Garnier Micellar Water for Combination & Sensitive skin. This is amazing, its cleanses your face so well and really does make you feel like you've just washed your face.
- Next I use the Boots Botanical Rosewater Toner Spray. Now mine is not in the original bottle because it was too large to carry around with me on holidays so I put it into a smaller spray bottle. This toner is so gentle and refreshing, its so light and not harsh at all.
- I then put on my Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Serum, this has really helped reduce the size of my pores and it smells gorg, it also acts as a really nice base for your makeup as it keeps you matte.
- I then put on the Simple Soothing Eye Balm to hydrate my under eyes. Never ever put normal moisturiser or serum on your under eye area as these products are too heavy.
- Lastly I apply my MAC Strobe Cream. It is a really light moisturizer and gives a beautiful glow to dull skin, its also an amazing makeup base. Just because your skin is oily don't shy away from illuminating products, this one just gives a beautiful natural glow without the oil.
Night Time Routine:
- My night skincare routine is a little more extensive. I remove my face makeup using the Garnier Micellar Water. I then use the Garnier Express 2 in 1 Eye Makeup Remover to remove my eye makeup. I use little circular cotton pads and the product to remove my makeup.
- I shower at night so I wash my face before bed. I use a makeup removing wash in case I've missed any leftover foundation or mascara. I like to use the Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean face wash. It's a foaming face wash which I love and it covers a few steps in my skincare routine. It cleanses, tones and removes your makeup. It also smells amazing!
- Next I apply my Advanced Night Repair. This really is a cult skincare product, it basically repairs all the damage your skin cells go through on a daily and nightly basis. I've really noticed this has greatly improved the appearance and texture of my skin.
- Lastly I apply Estee Lauder's Advanced Time Zone Moisturizer. This is an anti aging night cream. I know I am only 21 years of age but I'm definitely not going to wait until I get wrinkles before I start treating them. This has a gorgeous rich texture but isn't too oily.
I'm really hoping that these products might help some of you that are suffering from really oily skin. I've found that by not over washing my face or by using products that are not oil free has helped so much. If you deprive your skin from oil it's just going to produce way more, and you'll end up with a total oily mess! I'd love to hear your favourite skincare products or any suggestions you have :)
"Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty"